Talk to us online
Got a question for our support team? Talk to us online with our live chat.
Live chat is available to past and present ICAEW members, ACA students and their families.
Time management and personal planning
Learning is part of a jigsaw comprised of many parts and everyone learns in different ways. Whilst these online personal and professional development courses are free for anyone to access over the internet, our full-day open courses are designed with group interaction at their heart. The feedback from our clients tells us that a significant proportion of the learning experience is gained from interacting with their peers during the workshops. If you are located in the United Kingdom and would like to attend one of the full-day open courses to engage in group learning with your ICAEW peers, please visit our upcoming full-day open courses page.
Effective time management is a free CABA courses developed from research by Dr Hilary Lindsay, which identified career adaptability as a critical element of lifelong learning and professional development.
The research identified 5 attributes within career adaptability – engaging, exploring, experimenting, positive attitude and self-belief. Effective time management along with our other professional and personal development courses will show you how to develop these attributes, helping you to shape your career and have the future you want.
What's this course about?
This online course explores strategies you can use to successfully manage your time and the ways this can improve everyday life both at work and at home. Delegates will benefit from improved focus, reduced stress and an increased sense of control and balance.
You’ll have the opportunity to sample tools and techniques which with regular practice can form part of your daily routine. You’ll be able to manage your time and achieve success, improve your productivity and meet your objectives without negatively impacting your wellbeing.
What will you get out of it?
You’ll be able to answer the age old question of “where does all my time go?” This course highlights how precious time is and shows you proven techniques to effectively protect and manage it.
After completing this course you will be able to
- Understand and apply the principles of time management
- Identify the difference between urgent and important tasks
- Be more productive but less busy
- Communicate with confidence and clarity
- Delegate effectively
- Utilise modern technology to work for you and not against you
- Design your own action plan to effectively manage your time
Register / login to view this course
Is this course for you?
Our onine time management course is suitable for past and present ICAEW members and their families working at any level within the public, voluntary, corporate and private sector. It's ideal for anyone who wants to learn healthier ways of dealing with setbacks and stress in both professional and personal life.
If you're someone who
- Finds they have busy but non-productive days
- Is not getting the best value from their hours at work
- Has to work to tight deadlines
- Has to work with people who sometimes take your time without adding value to your day
- Finds themselves being too easily distracted by non-important things
- Spreads themselves too thinly across too many tasks simultaneously, and therefore make little progress on them, instead of remaining more focused on a restricted number of high value tasks and making good progress on the most important things
- Finds it difficult to say ‘No'
If any or all of these statements apply to you then you'd definitely benefit from watching this time management course