We're currently collecting feedback to improve our services, support and website: provide us with some feedback about your experience

support we offer

We all face challenges in our lives and careers. Whether you’re a past or present chartered accountant and ICAEW member, ACA student, or a close family member, we’re here for you.

financial support

Money worries can affect anyone at any time. Here at caba, we offer an array of help to get your finances back on track. This includes free confidential debt advice, means-tested financial grants to assist with cost of living pressures and advice on benefits and budgeting


mental health support

Feeling overextended or under-stimulated at work can be big causes of stress, anxiety, and depression. Our always-on culture, where the line between work and home is blurred, can also cause us to feel frazzled and neglect our mental health. 

Our guides will help you get a better understanding of your mental health, along with techniques to build your resilience and emotional wellbeing. 

I'm feeling low


If you’re feeling depressed or anxious, or dealing with the emotional impact of relationship problems, bereavement or redundancy, we can help. Talk to a registered counsellor online or over the phone, in total confidence, and explore our range of wellbeing resources.

I have a health concern

Are care costs at home or in residential care a problem? Let us know. Get help accessing and understanding care services, or with home adaptations and specialist equipment.


I have money problems

If you’re struggling to pay your rent or mortgage, keep up with household repairs or pay for everyday essentials, we can help. Apply for a monthly shortfall grant to tide you over, or a donation to pay for a one-off expense, such as replacing essential white goods.


I'm in debt

If debts are getting you down, we can advise you. Get in touch with a professional debt adviser, who can provide impartial and confidential advice and work with you to create an action plan aimed at improving your financial situation and alleviating your debts.


I'm struggling as an ACA student

Managing the pressure of exams whilst balancing a demanding job and maintaining a work-life balance is tough. That’s why we’re here. We offer a range of services to support your mental, financial, and physical health to ensure you thrive personally and professionally. Head over to ACA student support hub to find out the support that's on offer to you.

I'm at a career crossroad

If you’re aiming for promotion, looking to change career direction, returning to work after a break or planning your retirement, we can help. Professional coaching and development courses are on-hand to guide you on the next step of your journey.


I have a legal issue

If you have an issue relating to family, consumer or employment law - or any other legal matter – we’re here to help. In England and Wales, independent legal advice is available over the phone within hours, and our comprehensive online resources are available globally.


I need help with something else

Life is complicated. If the challenge you’re facing isn’t listed on this page, we may still be able to help. Please get in touch for independent, confidential support. If we don’t have the answer, we’ll do our best to point you in the right direction.


your questions answered 

Who is eligible for support?

We support past and present members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW), ACA students, ICAEW staff members, and the family and carers of members and students. 

  1. No matter where your career takes you, past and present members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England Wales (ICAEW) are eligible for caba’s services for life, even if you change your career and leave accountancy 
  2. ACA students (ICAEW Provisional Members) who are either an active student or have been an active student within the last three years are eligible for caba's services 
  3. Past and present staff members of the ICAEW or caba are eligible for caba's services for life, even if you leave either organisation. Please note, for former employees, our financial support is only available to those who have had five years continuous employment with either organisation 
  4. Family members and carers of either an eligible past or present ICAEW member, ACA student or past or present employee of the ICAEW or caba are eligible for caba's support. We define a family member as a: 
    1. spouse, civil partner or cohabiting partner 
    2. widow, widower or surviving civil partner who has not remarried or cohabiting with a partner 
    3. divorced spouse or civil partner who has not remarried or cohabiting with a partner 
    4. child aged up to 25. Please note, children aged between 16 and 25 are not eligible for individual financial support 
    5. any other person who is dependent on the eligible individual supporting them financially or are reliant on the eligible individual’s care 
    6. any other person on whom the eligible individual is reliant, either financially or for care 

You can find out more about our available support both in the UK and around the world on our support we offer  page. 

Are your services means-tested?

If you need financial support, we carry out a means test where we consider income, expenditure, capital and assets.  

*Please note none of our other services are means-tested. 

I’m an accountant, but not a member of ICAEW, can you still help?

Unfortunately not. We only support past and present ICAEW members, their carers and their families. If we are unable to support you, where possible we will point you to help elsewhere.

caba has supported me in the past; can I receive support from caba again?

We understand that circumstances change. If we’ve helped you in the past there’s no reason why we can’t help you again. You can contact us at any time. Please call us if you need our help.

view more questions

Not got the answer to your question?