Talk to us online
Got a question for our support team? Talk to us online with our live chat.
Live chat is available to past and present ICAEW members, ACA students and their families.
Take control of your personal effectiveness
What's this course about?
Take control of your personal effectiveness explores how you can achieve success without sacrificing your wellbeing. You'll explore how working in alignment with your strengths and values can help you get things done productively and creatively.
You'll also look at ways of overcoming common obstacles to effectiveness. Often people don't respond as we expect or we may have adopted a closed mindset. In this online course we will explore how focus, intention and mindset can help resolve the most challenging situations and relationships, and how action and feedback can transform our level of effectiveness.
What will you get out of it?
By completing this online course you'll develop the capacity to be resourceful and effective, enabling you to be heard, respected and productive, both personally and professionally.
After completing this course you will be able to
- Understand your strengths and focus on developing them
- Use strategies to build and improve your confidence
- Be able to communicate effectively and assertively
- Improve your ability to influence others
- Understand what motivates others
- Be able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Be able to have difficult conversations and deal effectively with negative behaviour
- Have tools to help deal calmly with conflict and anger
- Improve your wellbeing by learning how to manage your reaction to stressful situations
Register / login to view this course
Is this course for you?
Take control of your personal effectiveness is suitable for past and present ICAEW members and their families working at any level within the public, voluntary, corporate and private sector. It's ideal for anyone who wants to learn more resourceful ways to manage themselves and deal with challenges in both professional and personal life. Please note this is not a time management course.