what's this course about?
We tend to think of happiness first and foremost as the peak moments which come from pleasure and enjoyment. The barrier to this kind of happiness is that it is short-lived so for it to continue to make you feel good, adding variety or upping the dose is required. However through this course you will acquire an understanding of the other form of happiness which is more sustainable, a deeper kind of happiness which comes from having meaning and purpose in life and is experienced as a sense of satisfaction and fulfilment.
what will you get out of it?
This course explores the science and practice of wellbeing. In 1 day you will get to know the 2 dimensions of happiness and explore the 3 pillars of authentic happiness. 'Happiness is NOT a spectator sport' according to Chris Peterson, one of the founding positive psychologists. You will be provided with the scientifically-grounded tools to grow your happiness using the PERMA model of wellbeing.
- Positive Emotions (developing a playlist to have more enjoyment in life)
- Engagement (getting into flow and playing to your strengths)
- Relationships (nurturing your interpersonal wellbeing)
- Meaning (finding meaning and purpose in life)
- Achievement (setting goals to build your future house of happiness)
after completing this course you will be able to
- Identify the different forms of happiness
- Know how to increase your experience of hedonic wellbeing
- Have a greater understanding of what gives your life meaning and purpose
- Design your own action plan to grow your happiness and wellbeing
is this course for you?
The course is for anyone who has an interest in the subject or would like to experience greater happiness and wellbeing.
Delegates need to take a 15-minute strengths assessment that will be provided by CABA and bring their results to the workshop.
The test is available at viasurvey.org
It's a good idea to copy and paste the results into an email to yourself.