back to school payment

Don't let rising costs hold your child back from a great start to the school year. Our back to school payment is designed to cover essential school supplies, like uniforms, shoes, PE kits, and more.

take the financial strain of the new school year

Starting a new school year can come with a few concerns; will your child be OK making new friends, adapting to new schedules, or handing homework in on time? But we don't want financial worries to be on your mind, too.

We're here to help ease any financial burdens with our back to school payment, designed specifically to fund school supplies. Speak to our team today to apply.

what can I buy with the payments?



The grant can be used to pay for school shoes, PE kits and other uniform needed



You can spend the payment on any educational stationery your child requires


other costs

Any other costs associated with your child starting the new school year

am I eligible?

  • You are eligible if you have a child under 18 and are on a low income.
  • There are no geographical restrictions. Our grants are offered internationally.
  • If you receive a means-tested benefit, you automatically qualify. Those not recieving means-tested benefits, however, can stil apply.

If you're not sure if you qualify, you can apply via the full application process by getting in touch. Alternatively, upload your documents to my caba once logged in. 


budget planner thumbnail  (37).png

when can I apply and how much can I recieve?

back to school.jpg


Applications are open from May - October this year, and payments are made as early as July.

If you're eligible, our grants are offered internationally, in your local currency and based on age rather than school year.

Our grants range from £150 - £275 per child, depending on their age. It's a one off payment which is given in one instalment.

Your financial situation will be assessed before granting of the payment as each case is means-tested.


other financial assistance

As well as the back to school payments, we have a variety of grants and financial support available depending on the help you need.

If you need assistance with energy costs, essential living expenses or home appliances, get in touch to find out how we can support you.

Find out about our additional grants and financial aid today.


helpful articles


debt toolkit: six-step guide to sorting your finances

Support Officer and debt expert Lee Melling explores the steps you can take to tackle debt effectively. He also reveals how we can help you improve your financial situation.

understanding uk benefits system - 664656133 - resized.jpg

understanding UK benefits

Our in depth UK benefits list explores the different types of benefits and who's eligible to receive them.

woman checking her finances on phone

cost of living support

If you're struggling to make ends meet during the cost-of-living crisis, our free and confidential services can help ease your money worries.

retiring with no pension -1282134093 - resized.jpg

pensions: what to do if you haven't got one

If you haven't got a pension, you could be worried about how you're going to afford to live when you retire. Here we discuss what your options are if you don't have a pension to fall-back on during retirement.


your questions answered

Who is eligible for support?

We support past and present members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW), ACA students, ICAEW staff members, and the family and carers of members and students. 

  1. No matter where your career takes you, past and present members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England Wales (ICAEW) are eligible for caba’s services for life, even if you change your career and leave accountancy 
  2. ACA students (ICAEW Provisional Members) who are either an active student or have been an active student within the last three years are eligible for caba's services 
  3. Past and present staff members of the ICAEW or caba are eligible for caba's services for life, even if you leave either organisation. Please note, for former employees, our financial support is only available to those who have had five years continuous employment with either organisation 
  4. Family members and carers of either an eligible past or present ICAEW member, ACA student or past or present employee of the ICAEW or caba are eligible for caba's support. We define a family member as a: 
    1. spouse, civil partner or cohabiting partner 
    2. widow, widower or surviving civil partner who has not remarried or cohabiting with a partner 
    3. divorced spouse or civil partner who has not remarried or cohabiting with a partner 
    4. child aged up to 25. Please note, children aged between 16 and 25 are not eligible for individual financial support 
    5. any other person who is dependent on the eligible individual supporting them financially or are reliant on the eligible individual’s care 
    6. any other person on whom the eligible individual is reliant, either financially or for care 

You can find out more about our available support both in the UK and around the world on our support we offer  page. 

Can caba provide me with legal advice?

If you’re based in the UK, Europe and Australia and you have a question about your legal rights or you want to get advice on a legal situation, we give you access to free telephone legal advice. For those in the UK, this advice is provided by Law Express (English and Welsh law).  

For more information, please get in touch. Our team will ask you what area of law you would like help with and will arrange for you to speak to an experienced adviser in as little as two hours. This may differ for those in Europe and Australia. You can also access free online legal information covering a wide range of topics using our legal factsheets also provided by Law Express.  

*Please note: we don’t provide financial support towards legal costs and cannot represent people legally. Our legal advice service doesn’t cover all of Europe. 

Can caba pay for my ICAEW membership fees?

If you’re struggling to pay your subscriptions, we're able to offer financial assistance which is means tested based on your household income. Whatever your situation, we're always here to offer advice to help you manage your finances.

Do I have to pay for support?

No, all our support is free.

Does caba help with debt repayments?

We can’t fund debt repayments. However, we do provide debt advice and we can help you explore options to help manage your debt. We can also help negotiate with creditors over repayments and support you in some basic legal proceedings if needed. You may still wish to have legal representation.

How confidential is caba?

Everything you tell us is kept in the strictest of confidence. We don't share your personal information with any third parties, and that includes the ICAEW. Caba is a separate organisation from the ICAEW and is an independent charity with its own board of trustees.

view more questions

can't find the answer to your question?