In our fast-paced, technology-heavy world we move less and sit more than ever before. Stress and tension build up over time, especially in your shoulders, back, neck and hips. You’ll learn yoga stretches to gently release tension and soothe aching joints, meditation and breathing techniques to help you deal with stress, and a deep relaxation practice that contributes to an overall feeling of wellbeing.
Dates and venues
We don't currently have any future dates or locations for this course.
Studies show that yoga is an effective way to calm your mind and relax your body. In this practical, full day course you’ll learn how you can use yoga to look after your own physical and mental wellbeing.
Please note: This course involves practicing some yoga postures so comfortable clothing and a yoga mat will be required to take part in the session.
What's this course about?
What will you get out of it?
- Stretches to release tension and improve your overall posture that you can use at work or home
- Simple and effective yoga, meditation and breathing practises for you to use at home to relax
- A deep relaxation called ‘yoga nidra’
- An understanding of common stress triggers and the way you respond
- A strategy to increase resilience and improve your stress-handling skills
After completing this course you will be able to
- Understand the key benefits of yoga for your body and mind
- Discover how to spot signs of stress in yourself and others
- Know how to use yoga to reduce stress hormones and increases feel-good hormones like serotonin and oxytocin
- Be familiar with how to complete a range of yoga postures
- Know how to use breathing practices to help you relax
- Be aware of different types of yoga to enable you to find an appropriate face-to-face or online class
- Recognise when you’re feeling off balance and have an action plan you can use to feel better
Is this course for you?
If you’re feeling stressed or anxious, this course provides practical tools and techniques to support your wellbeing and help you to unwind and relax. You don’t need any previous yoga experience for this course. It’s also a useful refresher if it’s been a while since your last yoga practise and gives regular yoga practitioners an opportunity to explore this subject further.
This is a practical course, so please wear comfortable clothing and bring a yoga mat. This course will not replace treatments or therapies prescribed or recommended by your health professional.