Talk to us online
Got a question for our support team? Talk to us online with our live chat.
Live chat is available to past and present ICAEW members, ACA students and their families.
Mindfulness for Beginners
Dates and venues
Location Live online course
Date 06 November 2020
Registration time 09.15
Start time 09.30
End time 13.00
It was useful to discuss other people’s experiences and to recognise how many we share. The techniques to manage how you’re feeling and retrain your brain will be useful for the future.
Course delegate, Mindfulness for Beginners
What's this course about?
This one day course will introduce you to the foundations of mindfulness and its many applications in everyday life. You'll explore the empirical evidence behind it, as well as who is currently using it and why.
Through practical exercises, reflection and discussion you'll have the opportunity to sample mindfulness strategies that with regular practice will enable you to:
- Improve your mental and physical health
- Manage stress
- Enhance wellbeing
- Reduce anxiety
- Increase emotional intelligence
- Improve mental clarity and focus
- Reduce emotional reactivity
- Improve relationships at home and at work
What will you get out of it?
This course will enable you to understand how mindfulness techniques can improve your ability to cope with stress in the workplace or at home, manage anxiety or depression or improve your concentration, energy levels and enjoyment of life.
After completing this course you will be able to
- Identify and define what mindfulness is and isn't
- Recognise how practicing mindfulness can make positive changes to the way our brain works
- Identify the empirically supported benefits of mindfulness
- Utilise mindfulness to reduce stress, increase wellbeing, manage emotions and enhance performance
- Recognise how mindfulness can be incorporated into everyday simple activities
- Identify mindfulness practises for personal issues that you'd like to work on
- Create a mindfulness action plan
Is this course for you?
Our introduction to mindfulness course takes place in several UK locations and is suitable for past and present ICAEW members and their families working at any level within the public, voluntary, corporate and private sector. It's ideal for anyone who wants to achieve a higher level of personal effectiveness.
Please note: This one day training course is an introduction to mindfulness and offers a taster of various mindfulness practices. It may not be considered suitable at this time for those affected by acute depression, active or recent substance (alcohol or drug) addictions, P.T.S.D., Bi-polar disorder, current or past psychosis, significant long standing interpersonal difficulties (e.g. currently meeting the criteria for a personality disorder), by recent trauma, significant loss such as divorce, bereavement or unresolved grief reaction.
If you're affected by any of these conditions and the course is not for you, there are many other ways in which we can support you. To find out more please contact us on +44 (0) 1788 556 366.
Delegates need to be open to some self-analysis within a safe and supportive environment.