Talk to us online
Got a question for our support team? Talk to us online with our live chat.
Live chat is available to past and present ICAEW members, ACA students and their families.
Develop Your Self-Awareness and Improve Your Career
Dates and venues
Location Live online course
Date 27 May 2021
Registration time 09.15
Start time 09.30
End time 13.00
I really benefited from having the chance to ask the big questions about myself in a safe place.
- Course delegate, Develop Your Self-Awareness and Improve Your Career
What's this course about?
Self-awareness is an effective way to find out more about who you are, what you can do and how you relate to other people. Having a good sense of your thoughts, emotions, strengths, weaknesses, beliefs and motivation is not only useful for your career but also across all other areas of your life.
This practical course will give you the opportunity to explore the elements of what makes up you and evaluate your internal and external self-awareness, examining the benefits this can have for your personal and career success. You will complete different activities to discover more about yourself and how you relate to others, and create an action plan to develop your self-awareness and improve your career.
What will you get out of it?
You will get time to analyse and evaluate yourself, discuss your levels of self-awareness, share tips and learn from others around how to develop self-awareness. You will leave with a plan of how you can develop and improve your career success.
After completing this course you will be able to
- Explain what self-awareness is and how it can help you in work / life
- Recognise the benefits of self-awareness for your career success and personal growth
- Use the Johari window to explore your self-awareness
- Describe both internal and external self-awareness
- Assess your self-awareness and measure external perceptions of you
- Identify different ways to develop your self-awareness
- Understand the 7 pillars of insight
Is this course for you?
This course is ideal for anyone interested in understanding more about themselves and how self-awareness can help achieve success in both their career and their life.
Delegates need to be open to some self-analysis within a safe and supportive environment.